Tuesday, April 10, 2012

John Dos Passos and Kate Smith

Below is a photo of the great writer, John Dos Passos, and his first wife, Kate Smith. I have mentioned them in at least one previous posting. My blog gets lots of hits because of this, mainly for someone looking for "photo of John Dos Passos and wife Kate." So I thought I would post this picture for all the searchers of photos of Dos and Kate. I have had this photo on my computer for awhile and can't remember where I found it. Anyway, enjoy . . .


5 comments:

  1. I haven't looked at any blogs for a few weeks so I am catching up tonight and yours is the second post about Dos Passos I have come across. I read his big USA trilogy and had a pretty hard time with it. Was glad to cross it off my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine, Thomas. I read Manhattan Transfer a few years ago. It was tough to get through. However, I thought it was brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading "The Paris Wife ", it is nice to put a real face with a character.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I remember searching for a while. I am sure I got this pic from the JFK Library.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy has a pretty face. I guess you know she lost it when her husband drove into a parked car some time in the late 1940's. She was in the passenger seat and was decapitated; he lost one of his eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome! Comments make it all more interesting . . .