Wednesday, April 20, 2011

4 Things

I decided to do a meme today, since I haven't been motivated to write anything for the past week or so. This meme is entitled 4 Things as seen at The Zen Leaf, a great book blog. Following are my four things in response to the phrases:

Four jobs I’ve had in my life:
1. Janitor for a doctor’s office (doctor is now 88 years old and in trouble for improperly prescribing medicine that caused a death recently—such a sad story)
2. Sales clerk at a men’s clothing store in a mall (now defunct Bond’s that was based in NYC)
3. GED teacher to adults and at-risk youth (Give me the youth any day vs. the adults.)
4. Engineering tech at petroleum consulting company

Four books I would read over and over:
1. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
2. Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery
3. The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
4. Miss Lizzie by Walter Satterthwait

Four places I have lived:
1. Lubbock, TX
2. Mesquite, TX
3. Garland, TX
4. Denton, TX


Four books I would recommend:
1. The Complete Short Stories of Ernest Hemingway, Finca Vigía Edition
2. Everybody Was So Young by Amanda Vaill
3. Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear
4. The Help by Kathryn Stockett


Four places I have been:
1. Paris, France
2. Rome, Italy
3. London, United Kingdom
4. Oslo, Norway

Four of my favorite foods:
1. Chilean sea bass
2. Prime rib with Yorkshire pudding
3. Fried catfish
4. Spaghetti with Italian sausage

Four of my favorite drinks:
1. Sparkling water
2. Diet Dr. Pepper
3. Grand Marnier liqueur
4. Cabernet Savignon



Four places I would rather be right now:
1. Kamaole Beach, Kihei, Maui, Hawaii, USA
2. Trafalgar Square, London, UK
3. Piazza della Signoria, Florence, Italy
4. Champs de Mars, Paris, France


Four things that are very special in my life:
1. Friends and family
2. Books
3. Music
4. Learning

4 comments:

  1. i feel like i should give the glass castle another shot. it's the only book i've returned to the store where i bought it. i couldn't get past the part where her father threw the kittens in the sack in the pond. but EVERYONE says it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember you telling about that, Pam! I don't remember if that was at the very beginning of the book. I say try to soldier on again. Check it out at the library, though, just in case. Or maybe see if it is an audiobook. Her parents were completely strange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is looking very vibrant and spring-like, Denise. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your meme answers ... and particularly agree about the Yorkshire pudding!

    We were in Yorkshire recently, and loved watching the puffins as they began to re-build their nests after their winter out at sea.

    Thank you for your kind comment earlier today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the nice comments, Caroline! I really hope to make it to Yorkshire some day.

    ReplyDelete

Please see my new blog at http://mdenisecostello.com

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.