Monday, June 29, 2009

Let the Game Begin . . .

Today or tomorrow a new book is going to be released entitled The Game On! Diet by Az Ferguson (a fitness trainer) and Krista Vernoff (a writer for Grey’s Anatomy). How did I hear about this new book? I heard about it from reading book club girl’s (BCG’s) blog posting from early June. This book and game sounded like something I needed to motivate me to “get my Game On!” That is, to eat in a more healthy way and to compete with others to do this so that my motivation will not wane! Not that I’m highly competitive by nature, but accountability to someone else, especially a team, will ensure that I follow the plan and do what is required. Of course, perfection is not possible, but doing the best I can will be very beneficial. I want to thank Dawn from the blog She is Too Fond of Books, who invited me to participate. Today is the first day of our 4-week game and I have been anxious to begin.

Dawn’s
posting for today gives a very thorough overview of the game and who all the participants will be and their blog sites, as did the other bloggers! I was glad to find so many other “new to me” and interesting book blogs just getting ready for the game! The 3 teams that are participating are as follows:

Ding-Dongs

Ti (
Book Chatter)
Amy (
My Friend Amy)
Julie (
Booking Mama)
softdrink (
Fizzy Thoughts)
Jill (
Rhapsody in Books)

Twinkies

Dawn (
She is Too Fond of Books)
Jenners (
Find Your Next Book Here)
Jenn (
Jenn’s Bookshelf)
Beth (
Beth Fish Reads)
Me (M Denise C)

HoHos

Kathy (
Brain Lair)
Vasilly (
1330V)
and a couple more of Kathy’s friends (Bros b4 and The Dirty . . .)

Part of the game involves communication, so you can follow this particular 4-week game on Twitter as well (search for #gameondiet)! Another aspect of the game is that each participant must think of a bad habit to get rid of (and follow through in getting rid of it during the game) and to adopt a new, healthier habit to follow. I have decided that I will no longer fall asleep in bed with the TV going. Sorry, Craig Ferguson. I am going to be dedicated to getting more sleep and without who knows what from the TV penetrating my subconscious any more. The habit I will be adopting is to journal 3 pages everyday with no particular agenda, just stream of conciousness or whatever I feel like writing about at the moment (a la The Artist Way’s morning pages).

I'll be posting about my progress and our team's progress the next three Mondays. Wish me luck and "Game On!"

6 comments:

  1. Good luck, Twinkies! Not likely you could beat a team named Ding-Dongs, but best of luck anyway! :--)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a Twinkie person before being a Ding-Dong person even in kindergarten!! Good luck to the Ding-Dongs, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the trash talking! Good luck and may the best team win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I didn't get to your post sooner ... I've spent so much time running to the bathroom that I've had less blogging time -- plus with my new earlier bedtime to get my 7 hours, I'm way behind!!!

    Nice job and I'm glad to be a Twinkie with you. Didn't need to see that cupcake on the book review you did before this post though!

    Game on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're almost done with week one! Amen to that.

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome! Comments make it all more interesting . . .